Monday, September 19, 2011

SHALOM

Does the unknown hold fear or anxiety for you?  Sometimes when I think about bringing our little girls home, my thoughts turn from sweet ones to anxious ones.  Questions arise like "Will they bond with us?" or "Will we be able to help them through the grief they will inevitably experience?" or "How will the boys take to more sisters and sharing my time?" or "What is this going to do to our family?" or "Will they even like us?" or "How will I homeschool two more children?" or "I'm tired, where will my strength come from?" and "How will I know where to start with their schooling?"  My Bible study lesson in the first book of Acts really spoke to me in regards to these fears.  Jesus had just left the disciples.  He told them to wait and pray for the gift He would send them.  They had to wait just like we have had to wait in this long process.  It most likely did not make sense to them either.  Jesus asked them to trust Him and He asks the same of us.  His timing is perfect.  During the time of waiting, I imagine all sorts of questions ran through their mind.  Questions like  "What will happen to us; we saw what they did to Jesus?" or "What will it cost us to be His witness to the ends of the world?" or "What is this gift that He has promised us?" or "How will we ever be able to fill His shoes how that He has left us?"  Not only is God's timing perfect, His power is sufficient.  One only has to read another chapter to discover that the gift was the Holy Spirit and He gave them everything they needed to fulfill what Jesus called them to do.  When I think upon these things, then peace comes once more to my mind making room for those sweet thoughts to continue.  And so we continue in prayer.......

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Lately I have been wondering if I even know what it means to extend GRACE to my kids. I love them. I like them. I enjoy them (most of the time) but I wonder if I really extend grace to them? The same kind of saving, redeeming, loving grace that Christ so freely dumped straight onto my sinful little head? Yeah, THAT grace. I so desperately need to be filled with it!!!!!

EJF said...

I'm right there with you sister!