Monday, October 17, 2011

COURT REOPENS

Today the Ethiopian courts reopened.  Still no word about our court date.  Our agency representative said that our dossier has been submitted to court but once there, they have no way to track status.  So we wait patiently for God's perfect timing.  Waiting is often a time of preparation so:

Last week we attended a webinar on adopting older children.  A mom who came home with sibling boys last April sat in on the discussion.  It was helpful to draw on her experiences and know a little more about what to expect.

David painted the girls room a pretty soft yellow and will be hanging some white lacy curtains to complete the decor.  We also purchased a white Pottery Barn bookcase yesterday from Craig's List.  It goes well with the white dresser that was already in the room.

We are reading a book entitled "20 Things Adoptive Kids Wished Their Adoptive Parents Knew," with our adoption group at church.  I'm also reading, "I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla" and "Parenting the Internationally Adopted Child."  All great books.

We are connecting through blogs, e-mail and facebook with other families from our agency who have or are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia.

So we are staying busy preparing for the girls' arrival but I must admit the wait is more difficult now that I know the courts have opened again.  I received new pictures of the girls this weekend from a family that traveled to pick up their twin sons.  I wish I could post the pictures of our girls but posting pictures is only allowed once they are legally ours.  So we continue to wait...

Psalm 130:5-6 - I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word, I put my hope.  My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.

1 comment:

Friendly Feminist said...

Hi, Beth: Everything sounds hopeful! I had Vassilka's bedroom much like you have the girls' and the woman who accompanied her put up ugly posters all over it--male basketball players, etc. You'll be such good parents for the girls and your boys will make great older brothers! Love you.